With summer being upon us, let’s enjoy the fruits and vegetables Mother Nature created for us. One of the most potent and delicious fruit available to us are Goji berries. They can be sprinkled on your salads or added to your soup.
Here are some benefits to adding Goji berries into your diet:
- Reduce blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Help in preventing cancer due to the high levels of antioxidants.
- Improve immune function since the antioxidants deal with some of the free radicals that might otherwise cause diseases.
- Known as the “longevity fruit.” Its unique master molecule polysaccharides and powerful antioxidants fight against free radicals that cause damage on the body.
- Increase stamina and endurance. They help to eliminate fatigue, especially when recovering from illness.
- Stimulate the secretion by the pituitary gland of HGH (human growth hormone), the youth hormone. The benefits of HGH includes; reduction of body fat, better sleep, improved memory, accelerated healing, restored libido and a more youthful appearance.
- Help to lose weight. In a study done obese patients were given good quality Goji juice in the morning and afternoon. Most of the patients lost a significantly amount of weight. The study proved that Goji polysaccharides were helped reduce body weight by enhancing the conversion of food into energy rather then into fat.
The berries texture and taste can at times resemble that of blueberries and cranberries. Look for these berries in spices and drinks when you order your food and beverage or enjoy them by incorporating them into your own recipes.
For more information as well as a more expansive list on the benefits of Goji berries click on this link!
Yours in Health,